AWS Cloud Engineer
Full time, permanent with salary and benefits
Location: Chicago, IL
Note: Please note that no 3rd party candidates are accepted at this time. U.S. Citizens and Green Card candidates are encouraged to apply. This position does not offer sponsorship at this time.
- 2 years of experience with AWS Foundational Services (EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Experience implementing CI/CD frameworks using common tools (AWS CodePipeline/CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, TeamCity, Jenkins)
- 2-3 years’ experience on Linux and Windows
- 1-2 years of experience with Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other)
- Strong scripting experience on both Linux and Windows (Bash, Python, PowerShell) including use of the AWS SDK or CLI
- Experience implementing traditional VM, container (Docker, Kubernetes), and serverless based architectures
- This AWS Engineer, based in Chicago, will be at the frontline of client engagements to help lead the way for cloud adoption.
- Leverage common Infrastructure as Code tools to define AWS environments and workloads
- Utilize Configuration Management and Continuous Deployment tools to orchestrate delivery of applications to stateless and stateful stacks and resources
- Implement and optimize CI/CD pipeline while accounting for reusability, performance, security, and governance
- Migrate operations of bare metal and VM hosted applications to containers and serverless.
- Migrate on-premise data and applications to AWS
- Implement process automations for application and platform operations and delivery.
- Implement optimized AWS architectures that account for cost, availability, and scalability needs
- Evaluate existing AWS implementations in respect to the AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required
- AWS Certification or proven commitment to obtain
Aleta Giordano Ross
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting LLC | 401 N. Franklin |Suite 3S | Chicago, IL 60654