The Applications Analyst maintains and supports the Knowledge Management and Library desktop and web-based application software solutions which are typically purchased from third party vendors. The incumbent will provide application analysis, implementation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting and support services as the primary technical point of contact internally, engaging vendor technical support, as needed. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate technical documentation, managing application upgrade processes including testing, scheduling and implementation on a regular basis and conducting market research, functional comparisons, and staying abreast of what is being done at competing firms.
- Participate in the creation, review, and maintenance of systems to ensure they are optimized, high quality, and robust.
- Prepare thorough documentation including design and technical documentation for assigned applications. Follow standards for internal documentation of new or modified objects to facilitate future upgrades.
- Design solutions for, maintain, and document the functionality of integrations with a variety of other systems including internal web portals, the document management system, Knowledge Management applications, and other IT systems and applications.
- Ensure the technical solutions meet the business needs in the most effective, efficient, and technically appropriate way.
- Work with IT Portfolio team to support KM and Library applications and plan and execute for upcoming IT projects.
- Ensure timely customer-focused responses to enhancement requests, troubleshooting assistance, and other technical requests.
- Support all testing needs. This includes developing and coordinating unit test plans, working with QA to support system testing, helping stage test data, and helping coordinate tests within and across various systems and platforms.
- Performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path issues
- Preparation and analysis of program/project related data
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience in software evaluation, implementation, integration, testing and deployment.
- Experience with application system deployment, troubleshooting, and administration for hybrid infrastructure including Windows and Linux servers, and cloud services.
- Experience effectively working with both business stakeholders and technology teams (development, data, infrastructure, etc.)
- Understanding of how to properly architect applications
- Experience with Office 365/Teams/SharePoint
- Experience working with enterprise infrastructure and network security
- Understanding (experience preferred) of the following technologies
- Hybrid cloud (Azure, AWS)
- API-based management/development/support (XML, REST, Postman)
- Programming Languages (.NET, Python)
- Powershell/scripting technologies
- Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Windows Server IIS
- SQL (Views, Stored Procedures)
- Splunk, application monitoring
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com