Director, Applications and Busines Systems
Location: Greater Chicago Area
Type: Full time, direct hire
Contact: Mary Nugent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of the IT Banking Services teams are functioning as designed, incorporating continuous improvement, and maintaining execution excellence.
- Provide senior leadership and technical ownership of key third-party vendors related to Banking core providers, digital transformation initiatives, and other customer facing Treasury Management solutions. Ensure there is a clear understanding of their contractual agreement with company and the Service Level Agreements that are in place to provide Service Level reporting and Key Performance Indicator (KPI)/ Key Risk Indicator (KRI) management.
- Coordinate with business executives strategic planning efforts to understand and get ahead of business timelines. Ensuring plans reflect key business priorities including application and systems development, infrastructure changes or enhancements, selection of new tools or vendors and emerging technology issues that need to be evaluated.
- Work with the Business and Technology teams to scope requirements, effort and finances for future initiatives and regularly assess to ensure they are aligned with the overall priorities of the corporation.
- Be the principal point of contact for the Business on all IT requirements and issues. This includes areas not under their direct management e.g., infrastructure, IT Risk, other Information systems areas.
- Lead Bank Acquisition and Conversion activity coordinating resources, activities, and deliverables across cross-functional departmental teams within the corporation. Develop/maintain a best-in-class Acquisition and Conversion playbook.
- Ensure key business IT projects are effectively project managed including detailed project plans, adequate resourcing, budget management, testing and issue identification and resolution.
- Support and manage the technical complexities of operating 15 nationally chartered banks and various other financial services entities.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise assisting Legal and the Business in vendor selection and contract negotiation and review.
- Continually communicate the non-information systems IT requirements to the other parts of the IT function. Ensure these requirements are addressed and that progress is communicated. Where resource conflicts or issues are identified with the other IT areas take accountability for resolving these directly or involving other parties as necessary.
- Participate in high level 2–3-year IT strategy sessions where the business priorities including any significant growth, diversification, re-engineering, or newly required capabilities are identified. The focus is to identify any major new infrastructure components and or capacity, new or significantly amended applications, new or enhanced IT competencies, new vendor/partners and help develop the business cases and road maps.
- Ensure that all IT policies and procedures implemented are adhered to in supporting the business and by the business.
- Develop and maintain a financial assessment of IT costs to the business and provide the business with the tools to dial up or down relevant IT costs including utilizing both onshore and offshore resources.
- Perform mid-year and annual performance appraisals.
- 10+ years of broad background in various IT disciplines including many years of experience in systems development lifecycle and project/program management.
- Demonstrate strong people management and development skills.
- Ability to develop strong, constructive business relationships.
- Interest in, and enthusiasm for, the commercial success of the business.
- Exhibit clear, concise communication skills; both written and oral.
- Exhibit a strong executive presence with senior business and IT executives, regulatory, audit and other vendors and partners.
- Exhibit a high level of emotional intelligence
- Demonstrate a willingness to engage with difficult issues and identify solutions.
- Recognize and communicate issues early.
- Take responsibility for issues.
- Celebrate success as well as resolve issues.
- Prior Senior Leadership working with mid-size to large diverse teams in a Banking or Financial Services environment
- Direct experience managing third party vendor relationships
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com