Senior IT Portfolio Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full time, direct hire
Recruiter: Mary Nugent firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work across departments to understand the business functions, users, technology, security, business problems and needs that can be addressed with technology solutions
- Work with business function and IT colleagues to evaluate, select, configure, pilot, implement solutions that address problems/needs, delivering significant value and positive user experience
- Stay current with trends in their assigned area – both business and technology trends that influence the area. Maintain awareness of best practices and competitive intelligence of what other organizations are doing in this area.
- Based on the above, in collaboration with the business stakeholders, determine the short- and long-term roadmaps for their program – adjusting over time as priorities and technologies change. Manage all products for their area, in this case, the Firm’s Enterprise Search engine, Collaboration Spaces, Expertise Management, and approximately 50 smaller systems and tools.
- Make key tradeoff, risk, and other critical decisions to do the “right” thing for the program, taking into account all perspectives.
- Champion change and innovation in the area – socializing a forward-thinking program of projects and program roadmap.
- Determine skills needed, roles needed, and create and organize project teams based on resource estimates from the resource owners (Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, Project Managers, etc.) Resolve resource, timing or other conflicts between projects and groups
- Work with other Senior IT colleagues to create solutions for technology trends that span across programs (e.g. mobile, data/analytics, security, etc.)
- Facilitate the annual IT project budgeting process with accounting and IT portfolio directors for their assigned area
- Hire, train, and lead staff in this area for high levels of performance and results, professional development and impact
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience owning and leading complex programs of projects balancing a variety of perspectives and interests
- A minimum of 5 years of deep experience in the data field (warehouses, data management, analytics, visualization, data science, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in multiple IT-related functional disciplines (e.g. two or more of: Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Security, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- Critical thinker with strong problem solving and people leadership skills
- Executive presentation skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Management Information Systems
- Experience in current technology trends
- Law firm experience
- Experience with Knowledge Management and enterprise search technologies
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com