Lead Software Engineer (Data)
Location: New York, New York (*Remote/Flexible*)
Type: Full time/permanent hire
Contact: Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: candidates local to New York City, NY and/or Chicago, IL highly preferred; however, this client will consider individuals looking for 100% remote work. US Citizens and Green Card Holders are encouraged to apply. Unfortunately, this position does not offer sponsorship at this time.
- Develop software to run on cloud native big data infrastructure built on AWS using Spark, Lambda, Athena, and other cloud native services.
- Design and implement high-performance, scalable data solutions.
- Write applications to derive insights from terabytes of highly valuable data sets.
- Manage and improve existing code base and add new features to support business needs.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Work in a collaborative manner with smart, diverse Data Engineering scaled agile (SAFe) teams to rapidly deliver high quality solutions.
- Interface with global engineering, product and operation teams in US/EU/China to coordinate design and development.
- Mentor and provide direction in architecture and design to developers.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- Experience building large scale applications as part of an Agile team
- Hands-on experience with data processing and exposure to big data
- Proficiency with SQL and database general concepts
- Expertise in at least one of Scala, Python, Golang, Java, C/C++
- Experience with Bash, Linux environments and utilities
- Knowledge of big data related technologies like Spark, Hive, Presto, Kafka
- Experience with public cloud technologies such as AWS Lambda, Kinesis, Athena, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like cloud formation, Jenkins, and Terraform
- Exposure to APIs, workflow tools (e.g. Airflow, Luigi), notebooks (e.g. Jupyter), Pandas
- Understanding of various columnar file formats like Parquet, ORC etc. (preferred)
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills, a team player
Forbes Technical Consulting LLC
401 N Franklin St- Suite 3S Chicago, IL 60654
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com