Web Development Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full time, direct hire
Contact: Mary at email@example.com
Please note this position does not provide sponsorship. W2 Candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Manages a team of analysts and developers responsible for their applications development and analysis function.
- Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines.
- Sets and implements policies and procedures related to application quality standards and testing. Responsible for planning of upgrades and maintenance of applications, and the analysis of requirements for new systems and services.
- Leads the analysis of needs, planning, development, and management of the custom developed applications, mobile applications and web and content management systems.
- Manages the applications in accordance with organizational policies and goals.
- Works with the University’s academic and administrative units to develop and implement new applications and services. Help clients to understand and utilize our systems/applications to improve their efficiency and provide improved services. Clients of the University’s systems include students, faculty, and staff as primary users and alumni, parents and others as secondary users.
- Demonstrates a commitment to company’s mission and strategy by building strong client relationships and supporting the ITS core values of service excellence.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected when finding solutions to business needs.
- Assume a leading role in training/mentoring staff, and others both within and outside the division.
- Proactively manages change through existing change management processes.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Five years of experience in information technology, program/project management, consulting or related experience. Master’s degree in business or technology is a plus.
- Four years’ experience in managing mid-large scale change IT projects, or applications development is preferred including a proven track record of success with managing multiple simultaneous projects and/or projects with a duration of 6+ months and teams of 6-20 people.
- Experience building and deploying mobile apps in a modern app development framework is preferred (i.e. Ionic, Flutter, React Native or Cordova)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud preferred.
- Experience building, scaling and refining cloud services preferred.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing large and complex n-tier web solutions
- Experience with custom application software development and packaged software implementations.
- Knowledge in Service-oriented Architecture with hands-on experience in exposing and consuming Rest and SOAP web services
- Extensive hands-on experience with relational databases, SQL Query optimization and tuning (Oracle DB preferred) 5. In-depth knowledge in SDLC Methodologies and best practices
- Experience with CI/CD Pipeline Process & Tools
- Familiar with GIT for Source Control
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org