Network Engineer (NOC)
Chicago, IL (Remote for now)
Contract to hire or Full time direct, hire
Contact Mary at email@example.com
- 3+ years relevant experience; client-server networking and DNS, WINS, DHCP, VPN, , Cisco CCNA/CCNP a plus
- Highly developed knowledge and experience with standard employee productivity suites, mobile devices, switching, network firewalls, and wireless security technologies Familiarity with traffic engineering, Python (or other scripting), IDS/IPS, load balancers, SD-WAN, QoS/CoS, policy routing, NAC, IPv6, and Azure or AWS connectivity a plus; Windows, VMware, Linux, and / or Active Directory experience a plus
- Understand concepts like trunking, multi- and single-mode fiber circuits and cross-connects, VLAN tagging, and link aggregation.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Windows/Linux is superb. You are familiar with Storage Area Networks. You’re very familiar with Cisco device ecosystem and can navigate Cisco IOS with ease.
- Ability to work flexible hours including on-call rotation
- 4-year degree in a relevant field and a Cisco CCNP or CCIE
- Understand that maintenance tasks are key to smooth operations and you carry them out consistently. You have an advanced handle on hardware monitoring and consider yourself the consummate trouble-shooter.
- Familiar with and interested in technologies such as Azure networking, Citrix NetScaler appliances, security appliances such as Palo Alto or other Deep Packet Inspection and SSL decrypt devices. You are also familiar with protocol concepts such as WAN optimization, CoS/QoS, and multicast.
- Desire to learn and be an effective remote worker and have a dedicated, private space for a home office and already have in place a reliable, private internet connection with at least 25MBPS bandwidth.
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org