Chicago, IL (remote for now but will be required to be onsite in the future)
6+ month contract
Contact: Mary at email@example.com
• Strong understanding of network technologies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Working knowledge of network packet capture and packet analysis
• Working experience with layer 2 and layer 3 configuration and troubleshooting.
• Working experience with firewall configuration and troubleshooting
• Basic understanding and use of UNIX commands
• Familiarity with SNMP and its concepts
• Excellent communication skills, especially in conveying technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Ability to diagnose complex technical problems
• Ability to work independently, handling multiple tasks, and sometimes extreme deadline pressure
• Ability to handle emergency situations outside of normal business hours
• Demonstrated understanding of the following is required: common circuit types; wired and wireless routing protocols; network security concepts; VOIP; DNS; DHCP; current Cisco routers and switches; and network management and monitoring tools
• Familiarity with Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP) required.
• Firm understanding of network topology and architecture Preferred
• Basic understanding of VoIP topology and call setup operations
• Basic understanding of wireless network and technologies
• Basic knowledge of Python/Perl scripting
• Two-year college degree in an IT related program.
• Two or more years of hands-on experience in a network operations team.
• Hands on experience with Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Experience with ServiceNow.
• Good customer service experience and communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently.
• NOC experience preferred, with ability to direct and coordinate field services resources at customer locations.
• Primary responsibilities will be managing network and firewall ticket queues.
• Managing customer request and incident tickets to customer satisfaction and expected service levels.
• Secondary responsibilities will be assisting on network project work, planning, installing, configuring, and testing new network deployments.
• Analyzes workload, monitors network capacity and performance, and diagnoses and resolves moderately complex network problems.
• Conducts trending and analysis of network traffic patterns and makes recommendations.
• Configures network hardware and services for the network environment. Performs hands on installation, configuration, and network outage resolution for routing and switching infrastructure. Familiar with firewall and wireless infrastructure as well.
• Coordinates the installation of network hardware, communications wiring, telecommunication facilities, communications software, and other network components.
• Supports help desk personnel in identifying problems with client endpoint connectivity, switches, routers, and other network components.
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
401 N Franklin St., Chicago, IL 60654
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org