Opera PMS Engineer
Chicago, IL (Remote with occasional onsite meetings)
12+ month contract
Contact: Mary at email@example.com
• Support new technologies and the roll-out of new products and systems in coordination with other teams.
• Provide technical guidance on operational issues affecting Opera Property Systems.
• Maintain channels of communication with the related application technicians to ensure successful and efficient production changes.
• Coordinate communication with the third-party technical vendors and internal teams for planned events, outages, etc.
• Acquire oversight for the Opera Property Systems project tasks including planning, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and diagnostics.
• Participate in the development and implementation of related systems that require communication to/from our hosted application.
• Coordinate all modifications and changes to Hyatt’s property systems with the technical team and carry out the changes as agreed upon the reviewed solution.
• Performs trend analysis on monitoring alarms, incident reports and service ticket to resolve identified issues.
• Provides on-call or after-hours technical support for the group.
• Oracle Opera installation experience is highly preferred.
• 5 Years Windows Administrator Experience.
• 1-2 Years Network experience (F5, VIP theory, DNS, Certificates)
• 1-2 Years working with virtual environments (VSphere)
• 1-2 Years working with scripting or automation platforms (PowerShell, Ansible, Etc.)
• Oracle Opera Property Systems and its dedicated interfaces.
• Oracle DB, RAC and SCAN (11g,12c,19c)
• PowerShell (Scripting of manual windows functions/tasks or installations of software)
• Ansible (YAML scripting and playbooks)
• Rundeck (Implement scripted jobs to run ad hoc or on a fixed schedule)
• Jenkins (Automation of tasks related to building, testing and deploying software)
• Splunk (Scripting, GUI buildouts)
• Nagios (Scripting, Unix Shell)
• FIM and Active Directory (Security and Distribution Groups)
• Citrix (Dedicated Server Farms in multiple environments)
• Tumbleweed (SFTP Servers)
• VMWare (Vpshere)
• SQL Developer (Connection strings, building queries, running scripts, analysis)
Additional Skills needed:
• Experience in Oracle hospitality property management systems
• Experience in Opera PMS installation and troubleshooting
• Experience in Opera interface implementation
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org