Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Northern Chicago Suburb
Type: Full time, Direct Hire
Contact: Mary Nugent at email@example.com
- Reviews and identifies gaps and deficiencies in business requirements, technical specifications, designs and testing documentation for completeness and testability.
- Develops QA test plans and project testing estimates.
- Develops test procedures, scenarios, cases, datasets, and scripts to use in testing software.
- Tracks and reports on test status progress across project initiatives.
- Participates in cross-functional collaborative problem solving and defect management sessions. Identifies priority and impact of defect.
- Participates in functional, regression and performance testing.
- Communicates test results to both technical and non-technical project team members.
- Leads and participates in system integration testing and user acceptance testing across organizational releases.
- Contributes to the evolution of the testing tool suite and its evolution in order to maximize tool capabilities and increase testing team efficiencies.
- Proactively identifies inefficiencies in system use from a control, technique or process viewpoint and proposes changes that may include process redesign and/or system enhancements.
- Ensures that the test bed has appropriate coverage of the functional requirements.
- Updates the regression test bed.
- Identifies defects during test execution and provides detailed information so that the development team is easily able to recreate the defect.
- Serves as a liaison between the system users and IT Department.
- Represents external user community.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, information systems, finance or in a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of testing experience.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with performance, load, and automated test scripting.
- Experience with HP Quality Center.
- Experience with retirement and health benefit administration.
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org