Senior Java Developer
Location: Chicago, IL (Remote)
Type: Contract to hire
Contact: Mary at email@example.com
NOTE: This position does not offer sponsorship and is a contract to hire opportunity. US Citizens, Green Card Holders are encouraged to apply.
• Support Envision Opera Interface and Guest Customer Service applications.
• Work with an offsite contract developer to manage the development of new reports and also assist in supporting existing reports and cubes.
• Support of application maintenance or other system related maintenance events on an on-call basis.
• Develop applications leveraging J2EE and Web technologies from start to finish on their own. This includes but is not limited to; customer interaction, validating requirements, system design, full stack development using standard APIs.
• Develop complex SQL queries, direct interaction with J2EE and Web application servers, build/deployment automation and application performance measurement and tuning.
• Collaborate with Project Managers and Stakeholders to execute on projects.
• Outline specific technical deliverables, provide input to project plans and milestones.
• Provide Technical leadership for projects to design effective solutions.
• Mentor other developers on the team.
• Lead key project activities – architecture, design, development, QA/QC and deployment of new J2ee/Web applications.
• Communicate project plans and status with Supervisor.
• Ensure that applications adhere to Application Engineering guidelines, processes and procedures.
• Develop technical deliverables and review technical documents.
• Provide required development or operational support.
• Provide support outside of business hours.
• Work closely with the IT liaisons and external services providers to improve and optimize applications to deliver superb performance and end user experience.
• Demonstrate a commitment to core values.
• 7 years or more of progressively responsible application development experience.
• Experience with front end development in large-scale Enterprise Java applications
• Demonstrated ability to create reusable components that can be leveraged across multiple applications.
• Demonstrated ability to support, review application logs and dive into root cause analysis.
• Exceptional attention to detail, organization, planning and project management skills.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to influence and work with cross-functional teams.
• Significant skill required to work effectively across internal functional areas in situations where clear parameters may not exist.
• Proven record of being a strong *team player* – a whatever-it-takes attitude to complete a project successfully for the team.
• Strong work ethic and personal integrity; self-directed and self-motivated with a highly developed curiosity and willingness to learn and to teach.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Ability to define and capture business needs along with articulating strategic implications of analytic results with clarity and persuasiveness in an audience appropriate manner.
• Strong front end and backend development skills. Solid experience in Java design, coding, testing and debugging techniques.
• Solid experience in enterprise level J2EE platforms using J2EE design patterns. Solid experience in SOAP/REST web service development.
• Strong SQL knowledge – especially on DB2 preferred. Spring Framework, JMS, DOJO, AJAX, Eclipse, Hibernate, JUnit, Struts. XML/JSON data interchange formats. Subversion/Git. Jboss, Tomcat is required.
• Familiarity with IBM DB2 and Oracle databases.
• Highly motivated self-starter who is very good at learning and mastering new technologies without much guidance.
Preferred Skills and Education:
• Previous consulting experience desired
• Familiarity with Informatica's ETL/MDM
• Graduate degree
• Java Certification
• AWS Developer certification
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics or related discipline.
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org