Senior Cloud Devops Engineer
Chicago, IL (Hybrid) Must be local to Chicago and willing to go onsite
Full time, permanent
Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sr. level role will be a part of the global technology infrastructure public cloud enablement DevOps team focused heavily on IAC, platform automation & platform support
- Develop, build, configure, deploy, and support IT solutions for shared services related to CI/CD, artifact management, automated testing, and monitoring
- Develop, build, configure, deploy, and support IT solutions for automation related to environment management, deployment, and operations
- Develop and maintain DevOps roadmap
- Provide server support during various operations such as deployment and general application operations
- Collaborate with developers to establish and ensure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices & supportability
- Provide support/resolution of cloud vulnerabilities and audit items
- Leverage the right tools to address the gaps and build IT architecture capabilities
- Apply experience of DevOps/SRE best practices to enable highly available & reliable systems and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent related experience.
- minimum of 3 years of experience working with cloud platforms (AWS/Azure), infrastructure and IaC tools with one year working with Agile/DevOps development teams
- Knowledge of the DevOps culture, principles, and DevOps frameworks.
- An Agile mindset with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills leveraging the Atlassian Stack (JIRA, Confluence).
- Hands-on experience engineering, deploying, and managing pipelines in an enterprise scale environment utilizing Jenkins, Azure DevOps, TeamCity, or any other build automation tool.
- Experience with the commonly used managed services in cloud-native environments (GCP, AWS, Azure) with a working knowledge of their CLIs.
- Proficient with scripting and IaC languages to automate tasks/services (e.g. Bash, Python, Groovy, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM, etc.).
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp Suite (vault, packer, consul) of products is a plus
- Experience setting up the infrastructure, processes, and tools for container-based development and deployment (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Tiller).
- Skilled using messaging queues such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pub/Sub, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, VPCs, DNS, load balancers, security groups, and firewalls.
- Incorporate security tools, scans, and quality gates into the pipelines to adhere to regulatory requirements
- Experience using application and network diagnostic and monitoring tools to understand the existing application and network workloads
- Experience with source control tooling, such as TFS or GIT, in a team environment.
- Experience with cloud automation/provisioning and configuration management tools using Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker or Salt and experience with Containerization Tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in planning, creating, implementing, and maintaining a scalable software development infrastructure
- Experience in Development, Build, and CICD tools such as Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifcatory and CircleCI
- Experience with Cloud Provider Services such as AWS, GCP, Azure or PCF
- Experience with development languages such as Java, C/C++, Pyton, PHP, or .Net
- Willing to work on multiple projects at a time
- Make the experience of developing, testing, and deploying code fast, easy, and fun!
- AI or Machine Learning playground work
- Driven to achieve a high level of client and customer satisfaction
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team as a technical SME.
- Passion for delivering high-quality technical solutions
- Strong crisis management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
Senior Recruiting Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com